The Federal Food and Drug Administration proclaimed in 2016 that e-cigarettes are a tobacco item and ought to need to consent to an indistinguishable controls from other tobacco items.
Due to this change, vape shops and online stores are impacted on how the advertisement of eliquid products, including pre-filled eliquid pods are displayed to the consumers. Since August 10, 2018, consumers will noticed the nicotine warning in large font at the top of websites, banners, social media posts and other sources of advertisement. Below are the new requirements which must be followed.
FDA New Regulations by August 10, 2018
All visual print advertisements includes:
- Social Media Posts
The warning is statement is required by the FDA - "WARNING: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical."
Business establishments manufacturing and advertising these vape products must also abide by the following:
- Displayed on the upper portion of the advertisement within the trim area
- 20% of the advertisement area
- Font Size: minimum of 12-point font
- Legible text in Helvetica Bold, Arial Bold, Sans Serif fonts in plain black text and a white background
- Proper capitalization and punctuation
- Centered positioning
- Black rectangular border no less than 3mm or more than 4mm
Click HERE to read more about the FDA regulations.
Here is an example of how e-liquid bottles will be displayed with the nicotine warnings.
For the manufactures, here are details about the labeling requirements.
- Name of the manufacturer, packer or distributor
- Contents quantity - weight, measure, quantity
- Statement: "Sale only allowed in the United States" to be included on labels, packaging and shipping containers.
Please leave a comment below on your thoughts about the new FDA regulation.